Welcome to Year 3
Welcome back after the Easter holidays to another jam packed Summer term! I hope you had a lovely break and are feeling relaxed and refreshed ready for this term's learning. We have lots of exciting learning to look forward to this half term! Our topic this term is 'Are you and archaeologist?' in which we are learning all about the Stone Age. We will be learning about how they lived, Stone Henge and the history of this period in time.
Please have a look at the albums that will appear at the bottom of this page to stay up to date with photographs of the learning that we are doing in class!
We all dressed up in our PJ's and onesies for Children in Need.
Dates for the Diary
- 06.06.2016 - First day back of Summer term 2
- 30.06.2016 - Year 3 and Year 5 trip to Mega Active
- 21.06.2016 - KS2 sports day
- Weeks commencing 04.07.2016 and 11.06.2016 - transition weeks
- 19.07.2016 - school finishes for Summer
Important routines in Year 3
- Spellings are given out on Mondays and tested the following Monday. Our spelling rules for this term will focus on prefixes and words from the Year 3/4 spelling list.
- Reading logs are to be handed in on Mondays. By encouraging them to read for at least 10 minutes a day, (more if they are enjoying the story or information in the book). Either you or your child can record their reading in their reading logs.
- Our PE days are Tuesday and Thursday. Your child will need an indoor PE kit (Plain white t-shirt and black shorts) and an outdoor kit (tracksuit and trainers rather than pumps please as we use the ball court and playing field which can get very muddy!)
Home learning is to be set weekly depending on the learning that your children have been doing that week in class.
This is in addition to:
- Regular home reading, at least three times a week. Teachers will check reading records/scrapbooks weekly and would really appreciate comments from parents too.
- Weekly spelling challenge (To be given out on a Monday)
- Times tables practice