Welcome to Year 5
The topic this term is called ‘Keen to be Green’. We will focus on all things green – climate change, recycling, habitats, lifecycles and we’ll even have some surprises in store. As this is a short half term, our visit will take place next half term. We will be going to Ulley Country Park. Information about this will follow in due course.
Take a look at the curriculum newsletter below to find out what else we will be learning about this half term.
Dates for your diary
Friday 23rd May - INSET Day
Thursday 5th June - Year 3 and 5 trip to Ulley
Thursday 12th June - Mega Active Festival of Sports
Supporting your child’s learning at home
- By talking about the topics and finding out any information from books, computers, internet, libraries etc. Please encourage the children to bring any useful information into school. If you have any particular personal information, which may be of interest and you would like to share this in school, please contact your child’s class teacher.
- By discussing any Maths homework with your child and helping/encouraging them to complete any Homework tasks.
- By helping them to learn thoroughly any times tables or number work.
- By chatting with them about work covered in the Literacy lesson and helping/encouraging them to complete any Homework tasks.
- By helping them to learn thoroughly any spellings they may bring home. Spellings are given out on Mondays and tested the following Friday.
- By encouraging them to read for at least 10 to 20 minutes, 3 times a week(more if they are enjoying the story or information in the book). In Year 5 your child needs to complete their own reading scrap book. Please add your own comments as you wish!
Ensuring that they come to school to work hard and succeed.
Dear 'New Year 6's'
As you are not in school today I would like you to think about the film clip we watched 'The true story of the 3 little pigs'. Could you write a diary entry from the perspective of one of the 3 little pigs as they realise they are going to be found out by the police or you may choose to be 'Wolfie' and write a short narrative explaining how he ended up at the brick house...
I look forward to reading them!