Welcome back to your final term here at Harthill Primary School; there are exciting times ahead!
We are all really looking forward to the residential in June and to all the Leaver events up to the end of the school year.
You've all worked so very hard especially during SATs week and Mrs Sissons and I are so proud of you all!
Upcoming events this half term
- Residential June 16th- 18th
- Induction day at Wales High School 27th June
- Leavers concert 1st July
- Leavers 'Pizza' party 3rd July
- Awards ceremony 4th July
- Open evening 9th July
Year 6 Top Tips:
- Try your best!
- Be a role model for the other children in our school
- Always remember to read at least 3 times a week and hand in your Reading Scrapbook on a Monday!
Parents! Here are some ways to help your child;
- By talking about the topics and finding out any information from books, computers, internet, libraries etc. Please encourage your child to bring any useful information into school. If you have any particular personal information, which may be of interest and you would like to share this in school, please contact your child’s class teacher.
- By discussing any Maths homework with your child and helping/encouraging them to complete any Homework tasks.
- By helping them to learn thoroughly any times tables or number work.
- By chatting with them about work covered in the Literacy lesson and helping/encouraging them to complete any Homework tasks.
- By helping them to learn thoroughly any spellings they may bring home. Spellings are given out on Mondays and tested the following Friday.
- By encouraging them to read for at least 10 to 20 minutes a day, depending on age (more if they are enjoying the story or information in the book). In Year 6, your child needs to complete their own activities related to their reading scrapbooks. Please add your own comments as you wish!
- The children will be set curricular targets that will be shared with them each
- term. These are small steps to success that children should know and aim to
- achieve by the end of term.
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let me know!
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games, and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites!