Remember to look in 'Examples of Home Learning' on the class page for fantastic learning from last week!
(Continued from last week)
This writing challenge is intended to last 2 weeks.
Watch the clip above and choose from the following activities:
- Draw the setting and add descriptive labels
- Write some dialogue between the characters (remember speech rules!)
- Make a list of effective vocabulary (i.e. those 'reyt good words' we talk about!) that you might want to use in your writing next week.
- Write a description of either of the characters and draw a picture of them
Complete 1 longer piece of writing this week. Here are some ideas you might want to choose from:
- Write the clip as a story (including description and speech!)
- A diary entry from one of the characters
- Instructions for 'How to Catch a Star' (his version - not in real life!!)
- Research different lanterns used in History and write a timeline
- Write a letter from the angel to the boy
Remember to email me your writing when you have finished!
SPAG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar) Activities
Choose some activities from 'The Witch'.
No printer? Read the text on screen and write your responses separately.
Choose different spellings to last week from the Year 3/4 spelling list and complete some of the spelling challenges for them. These spellings are also in the Learning Log along with the Year 1/2 spelling list if your child finds these difficult.
Add prefixes to the beginning and suffixes to the end of words to create new words in this game.
Worked examples from the video - apologies that they 'dropped off' the bottom of the video.
Please use the times tables poster to help if needed. This isn't 'cheating' - this is just a support while they are learning the more complicated multiplication process.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Challenge
I loved your marble runs last week!
Try this one now - if you don't have a paper plate, try in a cereal box or a cardboard box. If you don't have a marble, try with a pompom, small ball or pebble. I'd love to see your videos again!
History Project - Kings and Queens
Choose and research a monarch (King or Queen) from UK history - or choose Queen Elizabeth II if you like. Present what you have learnt on paper, on a powerpoint, on Purple Mash or get creative!