Welcome to Mrs Bothma’s class
Mrs Bothma Mrs Pridmore Mrs Corr
Class teacher Learning Support Assistant Class teacher (Weds pm & Thurs)
Autumn Term Class Text
This term our class text is Charlotte's Web by E.B. White. We will be writing additional chapters for the book, writing persuasive letters to Mr Zuckerman and recounts in the role of Fern.
Ways to help at home
How you can help your child-
- Reading – Children in Year 3/4 are expected to read four times a week at home and record this in their learning log. This can be reading alone or to an adult however children at this age still gain such a lot from reading to others and being asked questions about the events/information, characters and language of the story/text. Any children who do not get the chance to read four times at home will have the opportunity for additional reading in school at break on a Friday. Encourage your child to read a variety of texts. Any child reading 30 times over a half term will receive a certificate from Mrs Perkins. All children will bring home a library book and their designated day to change their books is Wednesday.
- Writing – Help your child to with their handwriting. It would be most beneficial for your child to also write at home, practising the cursive script we use in school. All children have handwriting lessons and can work towards achieving a pen licence.
- Spelling- focus on the spelling rule and helping your child to learn the words using the Look Cover Write Check strategy or in any way that is beneficial to them. Your child will also be learning the curriculum words for their year group, including the zero tolerance words for their year. If you need another or extra copy, then please ask.
- Growth Mindset- This year we will continue to be placing great emphasis on the children developing a growing sense of pride and independence whilst developing a positive mind-set in everything that they do. It would be most beneficial for you to encourage your child to be organised and prepared for their day in school and help facilitate them becoming more positive and self- reliant.
- PE – reminder that children need an indoor and outdoor PE kit in school at all times. Indoor kit consists of a white t-shirt, black shorts and trainers and outdoor kit is a tracksuit of any colour.