FS2 - this learning is for the week ahead and also for the summer holidays
- Draw a portrait, paint/colour for your Year 1 gallery wall.
- Draw/colour a picture of your favourite memory/area of FS2 that I can share with our new starters to help them settle.
- Write sentences about your favourite toy for your friends and teachers to guess, e.g.
- It has wheels
- It moves on a track.
- It carries passengers.
- Practice reading/learning phase 2/3/4 tricky words (see document below). Challenge is to put them in a sentence.
- Spelling as many high frequency words as you can (see documents below).
- Check your phase 2/3 phonics (see document below) on our sound mat, write lists of words and put them in a sentence.
- As much as possible write on lines, remembering capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
- Keep going with both lower case and upper case correct letter formation.
- 1 more, 1 less, practise up to 20.
- Make a maths game with your grown up. + and -. Write a mixture of calculations on one set of cards and the answers on another.
- Place them face down on the floor with space in between, separating questions and answers.
- Pick a calculation card and work out the answer.
- Pick an answer card, if it matches keep them and you have 1 point. If not return to the pile and play again.
- Don't forget number formation practise.
Enjoy the summer and practise the skills we have learnt:
- Finding a space
- Running, skipping, jumping and hopping
- Scoring games
- Turn taking
- Bike and scooter riding
I know it has been a very strange start to your school life, but I am very impressed with how well you have all coped. I have loved being your class teacher and I am very proud of all your achievements. We have all missed those who couldn't come back to school but I have loved our phone chats!
Have a great summer everyone and I will see you all next year as Year 1s. WOW!