Welcome to Year 4
Welcome back to the New Year. The children have returned enthusiastically and I have been very pleased with how quickly the Year 4’s have settled after an exciting holiday. There is a lot of work to do during this new term which I hope the children will relish.
This term our History and Geography focuses on The Ancient Greeks; the children will be finding out about the way they lived, how they dressed, entertained themselves, Food, Gods and Goddesses. Later on in the term we will be having our very own Greek day where they will dress and eat like Greeks.
Take a look at the curriculum newsletter below to find out what else we will be learning about this half term.
Dates for your diary
Supporting your child’s learning at home
- By talking about the topics and finding out any information from books, computers, internet, libraries etc. Please encourage the children to bring any useful information into school. If you have any particular personal information, which may be of interest and you would like to share this in school, please contact your child’s class teacher.
- By discussing any Maths homework with your child and helping/encouraging them to complete any Homework tasks.
- By helping them to learn thoroughly any times tables or number work.
- By chatting with them about work covered in the Literacy lesson and helping/encouraging them to complete any Homework tasks.
- By helping them to learn thoroughly any spellings they may bring home. Spellings are given out on Mondays and tested the following Friday.
- By encouraging them to read for at least 10 to 20 minutes, 3 times a week (more if they are enjoying the story or information in the book).
- Ensuring that they come to school to work hard and succeed.
Strike Day Learning
During transition week we have been thinking about our dreams. I would like you to write a diary entry about working in your dream job. We have been working hard on different vocabulary including connectives. Don't forget to write in paragraphs with an introduction and conclusion. If you would like you can also do some art work to accompany it. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.