- Reading – In Year 6, the expectation is that all children read at least five times a week, record this in their Learning Log and bring their Learning Log into class every day.
- Home Learning tasks - Two pieces of homework are set each week for Y6. These will be in an individual homework book that was given out w/b: 14th September. Year 6 children have the opportunity to personalise their homework book by backing them.
- Spellings – Practised in short bursts as regularly as possible throughout the week in addition to the statutory spellings and zero tolerance words. These are practised in the homework book.
- Our Class Charter -
We recognise that everyone has the following rights…
- To be treated fairly.
- To learn.
- To enjoy coming to school.
- To be included.
- To be respected.
…so we promise to meet our personalised rules:
- Be respectful to all people as well as property (treat people how you would be expected to be treated yourself and respect that individuals may have different thoughts/opinions to your own).
- Have a growth mind-set and persevere - ‘can’t do it…yet’.
- Try your best all of the time: be an ‘all-rounder’.
- Listen, focus and pay attention to the one speaker who is talking (SLANT).
- Try to manage distractions and avoid distracting others.
- Be kind (facial expressions, words, body language and actions all count).